Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hog-Tied Fingers

Writer's block. Arg.

I've been trying to write a book review for a week and have come up with a page of ramblings. I set the timer and just typed, hoping that an ingenius quippy first line would just fly through my fingers, to the keyboard and onto the screen, but to no avail. It's not that I don't have anything to say about the book. The thoughts and words and sentences and paragraphs are just not flowin' and gellin'. I hate that.

So, instead of writing productively, I check my three email addresses (yes, I know that it's a bit ridiculous to have three email addresses), read my favorite blogs, shop for baby dome tents online, ponder a new pair of jeans but then decide it's never a good idea to order jeans online, listen to the baby babble in her crib, blog...anything to distract myself from the fact that I want to write but my brain is totally obstructed.

I wish they made brain enemas...mm, that's gross...

No comments: