Saturday, January 12, 2008

Headliner

Well, I think I've used up about 2 minutes and 30 seconds of my allotted 15 minutes of fame! Our diocese is having a random drawing for tickets to the papal mass at Yankee Stadium in April and yesterday was the last day to enter. So, I drove myself down to the diocesan offices to fill out an entry ticket and who should be there but CBS 6 news. Before I knew what was happening, I was being coaxed into a "staged" conversation about why I wanted to go to the mass with a camera in my face. I now have a whole new respect for celebrities. So many say silly things in front of the camera and are berated for it. Now I understand why they say these silly things. There is no time to really think about what you're saying! Fortunately the editor was very kind and I don't appear too doltish. Thank God they cut the italicized portion of my musings (see below). I giggled enough in the video as it is.

News Anchor: So why are you entering this drawing to see the pope?

Andrea: My husband and I would love to be at a mass celebrate by the pope. It would be a dream!

Here's the link to the video. You have to select it from the menu on the right side of the page.

Please say a prayer that we get some tix! It really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Perhaps the "lot" will fall to us.

No comments: