Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ugh!

Today is just one of "those" days.

Phone Frenzy: I'm on one phone line reviewing printing order details with Printer Guy. My colleague is on another line placing a supply order for said printing order with Supply Guy. Printer Guy tells me I can get supplies cheaper through them. I put Printer Guy on hold and book it over to Colleague. She puts Supply Guy on hold, and I tell her to cancel the supply order. She picks up a line and attempts to cancel the order. I run back over to my phone and pick up the other line, which is actually Supply Guy. So Colleague thinks she's talking to Supply Guy but she actually just told Printer Guy to cancel the 38,000 envelope printing order. I then put Supply Guy back on hold, tell Colleague what happened and call Printer Guy back to say the order is back on and we'll get the supplies from them.

Parking: I work downtown and parking is a beast. I call myself a Parking Shark, as I spend part of each morning stalking around town for the prey: a perfect parking space less than a mile from my office door. Today, I did not feel like "sharking" right away, so I parked at a meter that I need to start feeding in an hour. Above Printer/Supply situation comes up and I lose any recollection of meter-parked car. I walk out of the building to go to noon mass and what do I see but my little Civ sitting right in front of my building with a $40 ticket blowing in the breeze under the windshield wiper. I was so flustered I skipped mass and moved my car to a non-meter spot right away.

As much as I want to do this, I know there is hope. As Anne Shirley said,






Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.

No comments: