Friday, October 8, 2010

Attempted Re-Entry

Here is my attempt at a re-entry into the blogosphere. It's not that I have been all that much more busy or stressed out. "Whelmed" would be an appropriate term for my day-to-day status. Not OVERwhelmed, just whelmed. But whelmed still didn't seem to leave a lot of time for blogging.

However, there have been so many times lately when "I should blog about this" has run through my head, and yet I've done nothing about it. So, today is the day. I'm back.

My latest bloggy moment was one of joy and silliness. I put on some music and Monica started dancing, which looks like she's trying to launch into the air, but sadly, her feet are stuck to the ground. She throws up her arms and laughs hysterically, and that laughter is totally contagious. When she starts "dancing", how can I keep from dancing? So, Monica is doing her Monster Mash around the room and I'm dancing with James, who is also giggling and making a funny growly baby noise. It was the kind of moment that would look really strange to Joe Shmo on the street, but bring tears to my eyes when I think of it. Those are the kind of silly, heartwarming moments a mom of 2 under 2 needs.

The other blog-worthy happening was not quite so joyous, but funny, now that it has passed. I often take the kids to a near by park when the weather is nice to pass some of the morning. James is still in the "I can't be awake for very long without getting cranky" phase so I try to get out the door quickly when he wakes up from a nap. I try to feed him before we go, if at all possible, since nursing on a picnic bench while Monica roams free at a large, fence-less park is not ideal. However, James is the kind of baby who will only eat when he's ready. Yesterday, we really needed to get out of the house, so I took my chances with having to feed him at the park and I was reminded why I don't normally like my odds. James did eventually want to eat, at the exact same time Monica wanted to climb up the big climbing wall. I told her not to get on the wall because I couldn't help her, which only made her mad and so she decided to take off toward the parking lot. So here I am, running after her with James nursing under a cover and yelling at Monica to stop right there and "Listen to Mommy!!" Another parent was there with his toddler and he looked at me like I was a bit crazy. To tell you the truth, I felt a bit crazy. I can laugh now, but I'll probably just let Monica play in the backyard next time I'm hit with this situation.

Here are a few choice photos for you:

Snuggle Bug


Mmmm...Spaghetti (I know, I know...we really need to regrout the tub...)

Mr. Jowls

Swimming anyone?

1 comment:

Reenie said...

Yay! great post, great pics. So happy to hear you're down to just whelmed. That is great news! And I love the dancing moment! such a good one to savor- God is good. Love you!