Monday, April 9, 2012

A Little Purse for Easter Sunday

I made this little purse for Monica as an Easter gift. I used two fat quarters (Monica chose them quite some time ago, so she forgot about them, which made for a nice surprise), a little over two feet of grosgrain, some interfacing and a magnetic clasp. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and Monica loved carrying it to Mass and brunch!

The original tutorial does not have instructions for the clasp, but I like having the option of at least sort of closing bags. The flower on the front was made from the strap, but only after I had sewn it all together and realized I skipped the "cut 7 inches from the strap to make the flower" step! The seam ripper is my best friend.

Click here for the tutorial at If I Can Do It You Can Do It.