Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Men's Dress Shirt...Presto Chango!...Toddler Sundress

Another reason for the blogging hiatus...

My friend Claire shared this tutorial for a toddler sundress reconstructed from a mens' dress shirt. I am a real newbie when it comes to garment construction, so this did take longer than it would a more accomplished and experienced seamstress. I also chose a white, translucent shirt that I felt the need to line with that turquoise fabric that you see at the neckline. That was the most challenging part of the project because there are no instructions for that and, once again, I'm a newbie. But, I'm happy with the way it turned out. I may make another one later in the summer...

Thanks to Maureen for the pocket idea (made from the wrist cuff of the shirt and some pleats). Otherwise I would have spent way too much time and energy sewing those knife pleats all along the hem...Oy!

Pics...I wish I would have taken a picture of the shirt, pre-recon. It's fun to see the contrast! Here's the tutorial if your so craftily inclined...



No comments: