Tuesday, April 26, 2011

James--The Golden Age

James is currently in the Golden Age of Infancy. He likes to eat; he sleeps reasonably well; he isn't really mobile and making messes, and he needs no discipline. He is also super happy, which is so refreshing on days that Monica is tantruming and just throwing lots of challenges at us. Don't get me wrong. I love Monica more than any little girl on this planet, but 2 1/2 can be trying. God is good in giving us such a wonderful little man to cuddle.

This Golden Age of Infancy is why we ended up with two kids so close in age. When Monica was this age, we thought, "Hey! We could handle another one of these!" Enter James 9 months later. I now realize that one does not give birth to another 10 month old. There are 9 months of pregnancy and 10 months of infancy before you have that 10 month old again! (I am the master of the obvious, I know...) So, the rose colored glasses are gone and I now realize that for us, there is some wisdom in spacing children a bit more. But I will be soaking all of the baby love I can get before our little James turns into a little man.





Oh James, how do we love thee?!

No comments: