Monday, March 23, 2009

And Miles to Go Before I Sleep...

Today, the UPS man walked up to the door with my brand new running shoes. As many runners will admit, there is nothing like that new pair of shoes...the springy, cushiony goodness of that first run. Ahhhh...I think that was my feet sighing out of relief. My old shoes have had it. The entire length of my legs was starting to ache because ye olde shoes have taken a beating over too many miles.

There are just some things that are so refreshing when they are just opened:
1. Running Shoes
2. Burt's Bees chapstick
3. Tube of facewash
4. Anything make-up oriented
5. Cold beer
6. Fresh salsa
7. Tube of toothpaste
8. Toothbrush

The last two things remind me...I went to the dentist this morning for the first time in a year (yes, I've been a dental hygiene deliquent) and I got a clean bill of dental health (sigh of relief). Since this is the first time I've seen this dentist in Michigan, he took x-rays and did a very thorough exam of my teeth...which led him to ask where I got the chip in my front tooth. So, I got to relive an embarrassing and painful moment of 9th grade. In gym class, we were playing floor hockey, and the tiniest bit of a girl wallopped me in the mouth with her stick causing my front tooth to chip and then go all the way through my bottom lip. Arg! I had stitches on my lip and below it. The worst part was not the pain, but the aftermath. I had nasty stitches on my lip for at least a week, and it was so difficult to eat that I hid in the corner of the library, slipping little bits of food into the non-injured side of my mouth while chewing with it half open so as to not cause myself too much pain. The trials of adolescence...

1 comment:

Maryclaire said...

I went to the dentist, too :)

Hooray for new toothbrushes!