Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our Own Little Jaunt

Monica and I went to spend a couple days with my mom, since Kevin is overseas. I wasn't sure how it would go, since we haven't gone anywhere overnight since Christmas time, when she was still newborn-ish. I was pleasantly surprised, because she did so incredibly well. She napped; she slept well at night, and there was so little crying.

Monica is also a happy eater now, which I really thought would never happen. My mom saw Monica about three weeks ago, at the height of her misery. When she saw Monica take a bottle, she could hardly believe the transformation. I think it really confirms our decision, and I am so relieved and overjoyed to have a happy, well-fed, and well-rested baby.

We went out to lunch at one of my favorite home town hangouts and Grandma bought Monica these cute little socks. Love them! We also took Monica by Lake Michigan a few times during our walks. All in all, it was a fabulous visit.

1 comment:

Reenie said...

Woo hoo!! Happy girl! God is sooooo good! What fun!