Sunday, April 5, 2009

'Cause Real Men Don't Do Loofahs

I was flipping through my coupon inserts from the Sunday paper, and I came across a coupon for this little beauty: the Axe Detailer Shower Tool. That's right. It's a shower poofy for only the manliest of men.




For many men, this is probably a welcome replacement to the purple poof that has been hanging (secretly) in their shower. It sort of reminds me of a Mandle, in that it makes something traditionally feminine more palatable to the burly, grease-covered, dirt wearin' manly man. I especially enjoyed this, shall I say, detailed excerpt from an Amazon review:

I was detailing my car this morning, and thought about the detailer shower tool from Axe. I guess the clever Mad Men down in marketing got me, because I picked one up in the afternoon while I was out. It actually does look very much like a car detailing tool, with the black and red color scheme and the "tire" ring around the outside edge. It is stylized enough so that it doesn't look like something that should be decorating a mechanic's garage. I have to admit, it does look considerably better hanging in the shower than the purple shower poof it replaced.

The rubber outer edge is soft, and feels like the polyurethane that inflatable pool floats are made from more than the hard rubber of a car tire. This makes it easier to hold, but compressible so that a good lather can be worked up from the black colored shower poof inside (it is in there, hiding behind the red scrubby pad). So already I like this better than the traditional poof, because it feels better in my hand, is easier to hold, and looks better. But, what really threw it over the top for me is the red scrubby pad on the front.

At first I thought I would have to add soap to the red pad to use it, but the lather from the poof behind it squeezes right through it, so if you've been using the rest of the tool, the scrubby is all soaped up and ready to go. It is perfect for getting dirt, oils, and, yes, green grass stains off of the soles of feet, toes, elbows, palms, and other tougher areas of the skin (it does tickle a bit!). It is too rough for any other delicate regions, but the puff behind it is fine for those (that one is the same as a standard puff, and is a little bit scratchy like those are, but nothing too rough).

Fear not you men who are ashamed of your pink shower poofy. The Axe Detailer is the answer to those lathering insecurities.

3 comments:

Reenie said...

that is hilarious!! haha. Definitely a good start for a snowy Monday. Great post :D

Andrea said...

As a follow up, I swear the Amazon review I posted was staged; as in, those Detailer marketers pay people to write reviews for the products and post them on Amazon, Epinions and the like. Maybe others know that this happens and I'm just naive. Oh well. Either way, it's good for a laugh.

Anonymous said...

It looks like I will be the proud owner of one of these beauties after winning the "bracket challenge".