Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Thoughts and Happenings

Ye ol' blog has been neglected as of late due to busyness and weird napping. I'm going to have to make some major adjustments in regard to tasking when naps are dropped...arg.

I also started reading another book for the Catholic Company. This time it's Hiking the Camino: 500 Days with Jesus by Father Dave Pivonka, T.O.R. It's a memoir of Fr. Dave's hike of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela. The Camino may just be my dream pilgrimage.

This summer is filling up so quickly. Next weekend we're going to be out of town for Kevin's high school reunion, but if we were home, there would be some event or party to attend every night. I love a good party! I wish there were two of me...

I'm going to California for a wedding today (without Kev and Monica!) so there will be yet another hiatus in this corner of the blogosphere. Here's some pics for you to enjoy in the meantime.


Still lovin' the swing. Notice the her little stick legs. She looks especially skinny in this picture. The only baby chub she seems to have is in her face. She looks like a little chipmunk storing food in its cheeks.




Here's Monica's latest trick: rolling around in the crib while swaddled. She used to sleep on her back but now she's taken to rolling on her side and propping herself up on the crib bumper or just snoozing on her belly, all while swaddled of course. She can break out of the swaddle but just chooses to roll with it. Whatever. As long as she's sleeping and happy (as evidenced by the post nap pic above), I'm not changing a thing...at least for a while. I definitely don't plan on swaddling my 4 year old. Can you imagine?? I would have to use bed sheets!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fr. Pivonka is wonderful!! (at least as a confessor and homilist, never read anything by him) I've heard of that pilgrimage and would love to do it myself someday. I think we're going to be interviewing Fr. Dave on his book soon.
I adore that pic of Monica as a caterpillar. :)
~Kara

Reenie said...

Thanks for the pics. Soooo cute!!! I love the glint in her eye as she rolls around, straight-jacket and all :D and i am not sure I'd say things about swaddling your 4 year old or not... if i know you, you'll do what works... and if I know Monica, it won't be your average, run-of-the-mill solution :D

RAnn said...

I'm RAnn and I'd like to invite you to join us for Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. It is an opportunity for Catholic bloggers to share their best with others. See this week's entry at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2009/06/sunday-snippets-catholic-carnival_13.html