Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Told You So

About two years ago, I was on the hunt for a black desk. A big black desk with enough workspace to work on my crafts and spread out all of my crap, really. I found a reasonably priced piece similar to this one. I was very excited, but Kevin, in his very practical, pragmatic way, pointed out that there was really no place for "stuff." I pointed out that I could get these, and we would be all set. Kevin counterpointed by saying that, while the set up may work in a no-kiddo situation, open trays of erasers, safety pins, scissors, and highlighters was going to be a landmine when any crawling or walking child comes into the scene. We debated stubbornly for a time, but I eventually won and we got the desk and a coordinating bookshelf. We even had a custom glass panel cut to fit the desk. It really was a nice little set up...til about two weeks ago when Monica really got mobile.



I think my favorite part is the grin right before diving into the markers. Obviously, we need to do something about this, stat. I really think we should just Craigslist the desk and look for something more practical. Kevin still has some trouble getting past the "I told you so." Can't say that I blame him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps "I told you so" runs in the genes? Great seeing you last weekend! Monica is a doll. I recognize that outfit. Brings back memories.

Linda