Thursday, October 2, 2008

Guess we'll have to write "toilet toll" into the budget

Here's a recent email trail between Kevin and one of his college friends that transpired in the wake of the current US economic crisis and a bank buy-out between Wachovia and Citibank. The joys of financing and mortgages...

Kevin: How is NC reacting to the whole Wachovia deal, I know they are big in Charlotte.

Brian: Wachovia still owns a small portion of my car. Now, apparently Citibank will own a small portion of my car. I might as well change my name to “Brian Citibank” and be done with it.

Kevin: The majority of my house is owned by Wells Fargo. I think I have enough in it now that I might own the square footage where my bed is and where the toilet is. I am quite pleased because now I can sleep and take care of business and they can't take that away from me!

Brian: You’ll still need to keep some change on you so that you can pay the toll to travel between the two though!

No comments: