Friday, June 13, 2008

Head 'Em Up, Move 'Em Out

Today is Moving Day.

Kevin should be getting the truck this very moment and then the loading of all our possessions will begin. I really really hope that we won't have to do this again any time soon.

All of the "lasts" have been hitting me hard this week:

  • the last time I'll walk the dog on the golf course in the evening
  • the last time we'll see friends at our parish
  • the last time Kevin can safely drive past the shack of armed guards into work
  • the last time we'll sleep in our bed in our first home
  • the last time I'll take a shower in the bathroom we designed and remodeled (I love that bathroom!)
Sigh.

It is a bittersweet day. But I take comfort in this:

"For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: